Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Long and Short of Being Me

Good Morning!

Today i woke up in a cranky joyously playful mood. So I decided to spring a joke on my colleague by making him realise how important I am. Thus I switched off my alarm clock and handphone and snuggle back under my warm toasty blanket. The things I do to make people's life interesting. Sigh.

So that's the reason why I arrived at work in an un-ironed dress (yes dress), heels that are coming apart ( i tripped like 10 times) and totally forgot to bring my lunch that I packed for myself yesterday night. (It was salad with lightly toasted ham, a sprinkling of pineapple chunks and totally fat free thousand island sauce and a side serving of yogurt, with fresh mango chunks that I had diced.)

The things I do to make the Prank believable.

I was 40 mins into the prank when I realised that my handphone is dying off, and I simply just let my colleague dial the police number now, can I? So I (after stopping at a QBread, to buy breakfast and lunch) ran to where I work, worried that I had overdone my prank.

He sat there, surfing net, totally oblivious to my heartfelt, sincere "sorry" that I had sincerely profused. Not even sparing me a glance. So maybe the prank for letting him realise how important I am doesn't work. But at least I know now that I can be spared from scoldings if I surf the net too. Heh.

No comments: