Monday, March 25, 2013

Living As You Can

It's harder to do.

People who care for you would just keep trying to plan things for you. Keeps advising you... But in reality they ain't just advising, they want you to take that path.

I realized with people I care about, I might have the tendency to do the same. But I would think about it. And try to give a sincere advice or just simply be supportive.

We are each very different people and the choices we make have very different meaning and impact on each of us.

My parents wanted me to take a very different path. Perhaps if I had been more obedient, I would have been a mediocre doctor. Perhaps I would be attending high-society tea parties. Take glamorous photos with my rich friends or accomplished friends in the same line. Or perhaps I would be suffering from depression. Unable to meet up to expectations, and always trying but failing and blaming my parents for life for the choices I wouldn't have made, but made it just for them anyways.

The point is; Would I have been happier? Who can sincerely guarantee that the choices would lead me to a happier life?
Why can't people accept that I'm genuinely happy with the choices I've made? That I choose not to go to university, that I choose to pick a hard industry to survive in, that I choose to continue dancing despite my weaker health conditions?

That I choose what I do. And there may be choices I regret, but I blame no one else but only my own folly that I've gone down that path. And in the same manner, truly learn from that life lesson, and grow as a person.

No comments: