Saturday, February 20, 2010

Story Telling Time!

The rain is getting on my nerves.
Pitter patter pitter patter.
The rain is getting on my nerves.
The drop of temperature, the urge to sleep.
The rain is getting on my nerves.

But there's no rain, my child. Please awake. Its bright and Sunny here. The rain exists only in your mind. Listen to me.

I hear... noises, soft at first. Slowly crescendo to PaInFul SCREAMS! SHOUTS! FIGHTS! Then suddenly
S I L E N C E
And there came a solitary slam of door, a sound as loud as a gunshot through the still heart.

Child, wipe your tears. Its over. These memories playing in your mind are but only memories. Focus on where you ARE!

Alone in my room. I can hear her cries through thick solid walls. The silence of the broken home is deafening. I clawed at my ears till they bled. But her cries still passes through my mangled ears and brains.

Its okay to feel afraid. To feel fear. But you're not alone. Never. Stand up child and be strong. Stand up, now.

I stood up as her cries stopped abruptly.Pushing open the heavy creaking doors, I stared as she breathed one last time.Ruby reds flowing down her pale pale hands.
Red.
Red.
Red.
Red.

Black.

Call for help when you need to, child. Awake to a brighter future. Call for help.

The phone ringing jolted me out of a memory so painful that tears involuntarily flowed. Memories fresh and old. I felt that she never left me. Sometimes I can even hear her. Whispering to me. Never leaving me. Never. What was I doing before this happened? Where Am I?

Don't be afraid child, I'm with you always. Always. Put your hands in prayers and I will be there with you.

WHY ARE MY HANDS BOUNDED TOGETHER! LET ME GO! LET ME GO! WHERE- Whiteness around me.
W
hite.
WHITE.

wHiTe.
WhItE.
whiTE.
WHITE.

Child, child, come to me. Follow my voice. Follow.

I started following the doctor's advice. I can think clearer now. Her pressence is fading. But i can still hear her.

No child, no. Listen to me. Listen to me! Don't go down that path. Don't let go.

I tried to let go, but I loved her so much. And even as my memory fades, I still recognise her voice.

Come back to me. Come join me. Take my hand.

I stared as I slowly drag the sharp sharp penknife across my wrist. It left a path of swelling red rubies spilling outwards.
RED.
RED.
RED.
RED.

This has to stop.

You're so close now. You're so close now.

I was so close to ending it all. But time heals all wounds and gradually I stop hearing her voice as well. I can't forget. And I probably never will. But I stop hearing her voice.



Yes. I stopped hearing her voice. I smiled.
-

No comments: