Saturday, July 11, 2009

Party Surprise!

Technically it was yesterday, 10th July, but since its only slightly over 1am today, i shall refer to the 10th July 2009 as "today".

We are here today, gathered together, a group of friends that had not been gathering for months or weeks, or even year plus plus, to celebrate the 21st bday of our dearest friend, Akie. May he now rest in piece. Amen. ( I think he'll whack me to bits for this)

Anyways, seriously. He turned 21! A milestone in life that changes most things, though not everything. But surprisingly, this is one of the happier birthday parties I've been to. Though I've not been to many, this is definitely HAPPY. We didnt do anything special, except maybe a friend that he missed came back from overseas and surprised him pleasantly. We went to Orchard Centre, ate at a Mexican Subway-wannabe. Cut cake. Ate Cake. Played guitarheros on the xbox at FunCentre just upstairs of Mexican Subway-wannabe. They were closing store, so we went to Cathay Cineleisure, went to catch some soft toys... *cough cough* And ran to catch the train.
I guess its true for the saying, sometimes its just the company that counts.

No one prepared much of a gift. I made a namecard-sized card, got people to write their blessings. (mine was: May you be blessed with the worthy virtues of a Gentlemen) So he can keep in his wallet and remember us when he sees that. And a very very lovely black tie with silvery patterns. I really loved the tie. (Aaaannddddd... the rest didnt have anything... I didnt see anything.) BUT they brought along a most wonderful gift that cant be recieved physically. Their friendship and their well wishes.

Its really a happy celebration. Nothing fancy, yet every bit memorable. I wish the same for all those that means alot to me... May every celebration of yours be memorable, happy and everybit sincere...

*tears*

No comments: